Andor Confocal Spinning Disk/TIRF Microscopy Imaging System
For questions and to schedule training sessions contact:
595 Med Sci
1300 University Ave.
The Scope is Located at
682 Medical Sciences
Reserve microscopy and/or Imaris analysis time (trained users only):
On the Calendar
Usage Rates: please see Usage & Rates
- Nikon Objectives:
- 100x Apo TIRF (Oil, NA = 1.49, WD = 0.12 mm) with Temperature Correction collar (for 23°C and 37°C)
- 60x Plan Apo VC (Oil, NA = 1.4, WD = 0.13 mm)
- 40x Plan Fluor (Oil, NA = 1.3, WD = 0.2 mm)
- 20x Plan Fluor (Dry, NA = 0.5, WD = 2.1 mm)
- Andor Laser Combiner (ALC): Four solid state lasers at 405, 488, 561, and 640 nm with 10 millisecond switch time and active blanking control to minimize unnecessary illumination.
- Confocal emission bandpass filters:
- DAPI: 447/60 (417-477nm)
- GFP: 525/30 (510-540nm)
- RFP: 607/36 (589-625nm)
- Far-red (CY5): 685/40 (665-705nm)
- Okolab CO2 cage incubator: Environmental regulation of temperature, CO2, and humidity to achieve cell culture conditions. Temperature is thermostat-regulated to ± 0.1°C from 3° above ambient temperature up to 50°C.
Supported by the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, the Carl and Mildred Reeves Foundation for Macular Degeneration Research, and generous funding provided by the Schuette/Kraemer Family gift.